B2B DMZ Redundant internal ISA server

  • From: "Gillian Cook" <gcook@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:38:37 -0400

Question,

What is the recommended setup in a redundant internal ISA server in a
B2B DMZ configuration.

      EXT ISA
                        DMZ

INT ISA1      INT ISA2

My main question is this:

Should I use the same account for the upstream firewall and web routing
rule on both of the internal ISA servers to connect to the upstream
(external) isa server?  Or use a separate, different account.

Are there pro's and con's in each config?

We would use round robin DNS for accessing the internal clients to the
internal ISA servers (config in IE and in Firewall Client).  Therefore,
if one ISA server went down, internal users would still be able to
connect to the other internal ISA and get outbound to Internet.

TIA,

Gillian