RE: Automatically detect settings / registry entries

  • From: "Anthony Michaud" <anthonym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:14:22 +1000

Hi Nathan,

IEAK should do this - I'm not sure how the licensing for this is going,
but can remember that MS released its stranglehold on this, and for
internal use, you don't have to return the stats back to them.

If you're using the firewall client, I believe that its an option in the
configuration of the clients.

Also, (even though its not relevant at this stage), you are able to do
this via domain policies for w2k clients - I haven't looked at policies
for 9x clients, but this might be an option - although I'm not sure how
you'll go with it.  Have a look & you might be lucky :)

--
Anthony Michaud
Network Administrator

You've got an anti-anti-antimissile missile? Well, we've got an
anti-anti-anti-antimissile missile!" - Get Smart!