RE: Automated Client config

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:23:48 -0600

Hi Andy,

Do not fear the firewall client. Instead, learn to love and embrace the
firewall the client. Its the Firewall client that enables you to run
rings around Sonicwall "open a port" type NAT devices (nee firewalls).

DHCP wpad shouldn't be hanging up IE, but that's another issue.

I'm not clear on the details of your DNS deployment, but you can
configure each DNS server, on its own network, with its own wpad entry.
Since DHCP assigns a different DHCP server for each site, this will
work. Again, this is dependent on your DNS infrastructure.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/