Auto dialout backup and disconnection

  • From: "Narendra Sahoo" <nnsk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 04:03:38 -0600

Hi all,

I am a newbie to ISA and have a problem. I would really appreciate any
sort of help that u guys can provide. My setup is of a dual card with a
direct DSL connection to the net. I have installed a modem for dial
backup. I want the server to dial automatically to the net when the DSL
connection is down and then automatically disconnect the modem connection
when the DSL comes back online. I have enabled and configured the dialout
entries. I did a manual dial out and the same works fine. I have enabled
the "use dialup entry" under right click of network configuration. But the
problem is that the server then dials out even when the DSL is on and then
does not disconnect. I have enabled the idle time for disconnection under
modem properties for 1 minute... but fact is that the connection is never
idle due to the heavy usage and hence never hangs up... PLEASE HELP...

Have a nice day

Regards

Naren