RE: Auto Updates

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:50:13 -0800

Windows Update has no user context to use for ISA authentication requests.
You'll have to create anonymous rules to allow those servers to get their
updates without user intervention.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=312955 illustrates the basic configuration for
this rule.

All you need to do is limit it to a Client Address Set that contains only the
servers needing anonymous access.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
   http://isatools.org