Authentication Question

  • From: "Can Kilic (Netron)" <can.kilic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:29:00 +0200

Hey all,
i've got a question about a simple authentitication problem.

We are in a Windows Server 2003 Domain with Proxy Server 2.0 running as our
proxy server. we've installed ISA Server 2000 on a stand alone machine. The
ip address configuration of that machine is as above:

ext ip address: the ip address of our internal network
int ip address: 192.168.1.0 (network ID)

Configuration_1 : we've configured the protocol rules and ip packet filters
for allowing http connection. with this configuration only the ISA Server is
able to connect to the internet not the clients (which are in the
192.168.1.0 network.)
Configuration_2 : after this we've configured a web proxy rule which routes
every request to our proxy server 2.0 which is in our company domain. With
this configuration again only the ISA Server is available to connect to the
internet not the clients.
Configuration_3 : at the end we've configured a rule to route all the
traffic to an upstream server and provided a valid username and pasword for
authentication. with this configuration the ISA Server and all of the
clients are able to access to the internet via HTTP.

And here is my question ? How is it happening that the ISA Server is able to
access to the internet with the local administrator of the standalone
machine without authentication with all of these 3 configurations. Waiting
for your kind answers. Best Regards.