Re: Authenticate Users on ISA

  • From: "Walkowiak, Matt" <Matt.Walkowiak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:04:34 -0500

I have never actually done what you ask, but there is a proxy component
to ISA server, and in fact, I think ISA is designed to do exactly what
you ask (the fact that it does firewalling is more a less an add-on.)
When you install and setup ISA server, it will ask you if you want it to
be a firewall, proxy server, or both.  When it proxy mode (and probably
firewall mode, too) I am sure you can require authentication.  Sorry I
cannot be more helpful.

Matt