Re: Any chance if using SMTP blacklists?

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:36:13 -0700

Hiya Thor,

    ISA doesn't do anything it wasn't doing before (SMTP server pub in this
case).
    I just noticed a hole in the request and thought I'd fill it with the
right solution.
    Basically, my mail server does a reverse-lookup on the IP of the sending
host and if it's listed in any one of several relays I use, I reject it
out-of-hand.
    I don't have to waste time in the mail router or the virus checker
either; it's just gone.

..I lose more spam that way...  ;-)

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG