RE: Any chance if using SMTP blacklists?

  • From: "Greg Foulks" <greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:23:33 -0400

This would be nice.

What I've been doing is having my members send me the headers and I've
researched to see if the email did come from valid address.

Then I setup a client list that I've applied to a Protocol Rule that Denies
SMTP, SMTPS, SMTP Server and SMTPS Server to those in
the client list.

May not be the most efficient way of doing this but it has really cut down on
the amount of Spam going into our mail server.

Greg Foulks, MCP
NewFound Technologies, Inc.
http://www.nfti.com
Email: greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx