Any Idea on Performance?

  • From: "Kincer, Rick" <Rick_Kincer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:34:49 -0500

Hello,

I am in a real bind....

Does anyone have information a tweaking the performance of ISA and the
cache? I have read many articles but none that is helping.

Our configuration consists of:

ISA Enterprise edition in Integrated mode

2 Compaq servers

Load balanced with RainWall

Win2K Advanced server

PIII 2@500 MHZ

2 GB Memory

29000 Megs of cache.

Inside NIC is GigaBit

Outside NIC is 10/100 running at 100.

Caching is set to 40%, No Less Than: 50 Mins., No More Than 1 Day

Active caching is set to "Frequently"

At times the performance is horrible! I can verify this by bypassing ISA and
go directly to the web and see a large difference in performance....I really
don't get it. MS has looked over our config. from a past issue and said our
config. was good. I am having a rough time finding a bottleneck here, I had
better performance from MS Proxy 2.0.....

ANYthing would be helpful at this point.

Thank you,

Rick