RE: AntiVirus & ISA 2000

  • From: "Mike Anderson" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 00:21:30 -0600

So is the consensus, that running Anti-Virus software on an ISA Server,
is a total waste?  Not even for peace of mind, is it worth running it,
especially if it's not really affecting the performance of the machine?

Or IS it affecting the performance of the machine.... I am not sure.  I
know they monitor network traffic as well, so it can protect the file
system real-time - and I am sure that takes some CPU cycles...

Could anybody give the final verdict on that whole topic?

Thanks in advance,

Mike