Allowing access based on IP address

  • From: "btm" <bmiyata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:43:07 -0700

Hello All,
We have an Enterprise ISA SP3, Integrated, in an array, on a W2K SP3.  We
have set up rules to allow users out only if they are part of an
authorized NT global group and have "ask unauthenticated users for
identification" enabled on the Outgoing Web Requests.  We have configured
all of the browsers to point to the ISA proxy.  Authorized users go out
transparantly while unauthorized users are prompted for credentials.
We now have a situation where "guest" terminals (no one signs on to the
domain) need access to the Internet.  I have created a Client Address Set
to allow the IP address out but I am still prompted for credentials.  I
logged into the domain with an ID that is not part of an authorized global
group and I was able to access the Internet (The situation we have is that
no one will be signing on to that computer).  I disabled the "ask
unauthenticated..." and I could access the Internet no matter what which
is not good because we now lost control of who can access the Internet.
Anyone have a solution for this?
Thanks, Brian