Re: Allow ICMP on external interface

  • From: "William Robertson" <robertson.william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 08:02:15 +0200

Hmmm, funky site Shawn!

-----Original Message-----
From: Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT1.1) * [mailto:Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 October 2003 13:46 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Re: Allow ICMP on external interface

http://www.ISAserver.org

A partial solution is to just use a ping gateway on some web site.  For
example, there are a ton of tools you can use at http://www.dnsstuff.com/.
Ping is among them.  Granted, this won't test the connectivity to and from
your own network but it will at least tell you if a remote host is alive or
not.

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT1.1
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx