RE: After installing ISA server reboots twice a day

  • From: <patricks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:10:01 -0000

It has 2 ide disks in a raid1 mirror, dual processor. It is a 1u rackmount
designed for the hardware in it, so I assume the rating of the psu is up to it.
I will dig out the rating from the manual. I know there is another server
connected to the same ups, but this has dual power supplies connected to
different ups's. Current thinking is that this server is taking too much power
at times.

This server has been running fine in our office for about a year. I am going to
get this
server moved to a more beefy ups tomorrow, so I will know if this solves it.

I will look at the pattern and compare it to any disk activity. That said I was
running some very disk intensive activity today without a problem. I was
copying our web logs from one dir to another and then zipping them up. This
must be a pretty good test!

Patrick