[isalist] Re: Adding a nic isa 2006

  • From: Steven Comeau <scomeau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 07:17:58 -0500

No problem..... sounds a lot like our setup.  Hope I understand the issue: In
the Configuration, make sure that we have defined networks on all the ISA boxes
that include the subnet ranges.  In other words, on the "local" ISA box with
the new .100.X and the .101.X, I create separate networks and add the routing
rules (which I think you've done).  However, on the "remote" ISA box, in the
Configuration, I also ADD the new network ranges to the remote site network (I
don't separate them into separate networks).  The routing rules should then
remain the same between the sites (but the addition of the network ranges
routes to the new subnets from one site to the other).  Then, in the rules on
the "remote" ISA (as well as the local ISA), in the Toolbox, I create separate
User Defined Networks that have separate ranges from the other site (.100.X and
.101.X), and then in the rules, I only pass protocols accordingly between the
From and To.

Did that make sense?

Steve Comeau
Associate Director of IT  Rutgers Athletics
83 Rockafeller Road
Piscataway, NJ  08854
732-445-7802
732-445-4623 (fax)