[isalist] Re: Activesync,

  • From: "Steven Comeau" <scomeau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:19:48 -0500

I have used my own generated CA from my Win 2003 server without issue
and it is the same certificate as I use for OWA -  my Listener just has
the extra path for Microsoft Active Sync (I assume that is what you
want).  I imported my certs to the WMD and simply installed them (both
the leaf and root).  Using wildcard certs on a WMD can be tedious as you
may have to hack the registry to disable verification on the WMD and
that leads you open to a man-in-the-middle attack - but I have heard of
many who do that.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the hack to
work on the newer WMD5 devices, but my Cert from my win2003 server works
fine.

The best thing to do is to get a real certificate with the right server
name and use it for both OWA and Microsoft Active Sync.

Steve Comeau

IT Manager

Rutgers Athletics

83 Rockafeller Road