Re: Accessing published servers

  • From: Logan Ramirez <LoganRamirez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:29:34 -0600

Jim,

In the back to back design, with a private IP addressing scheme, could you
use this 'trick' to get the internal ISA to not treat requests made to dmz
machines from the internal network as external requests?  I can setup a
routing rule which fowards all requests to a certain (made up) url to the
dmz hosts, but would adding DNS entries on the internal network (NT 4.0 <--
not really DNS dependant) pointing to some made up request to the hosts on
the DMZ, and since the internal network card on ISA uses this internal
server as it's dns resolutor, ...would that cause ISA to treat those
requests as pseudo-internal requests?

Logan