Accessing a remote ISA VPN from behind ISA server

  • From: "Nick Chadwick" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISA Server List \(E-mail\)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:37:55 +0100

Hi folks.

I am having problems connecting to a remote VPN from behind our ISA server. The
remote VPN is set up using the standard Win2k RRAS. As a control experiment, I
have configured our ISA server with a protocol rule allowing "All IP traffic",
packet filtering is turned off, and the "Allow PPTP through ISA server" option
is checked. When I try to connect to the remote VPN from my laptop, I get the
error 769 unable to reach destination message. I can connect to the remote
machine using Terminal Services, so I know the destination IS reachable. Also,
I CAN connect to the remote VPN if I sit at our ISA server, but not from other
machines behind it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick Chadwick
Development & Technical Support Manager
Comsoft Limited, UK
Tel: +44-(0)20-8240-4452  Fax: +44-(0)20-8240-4449  Mobile: +44-(0)7740-362408
Email: nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Web: http://www.comsoft.ltd.uk/

Disclaimer: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all
of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient
only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this
e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then
permanently delete the message from your computer. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on the e-mail.

The opinion expressed in this Email is that of the author and not
necessarily that of Comsoft Limited.

While attachments are virus checked, Comsoft Limited do not accept any
liability in respect of a virus which is not detected.