RE: Access to one URL subdirectory

  • From: "Jim Locke" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:36:10 -0800

Don't use URLScan, I tired this. Here's what happened:

Webserver had all the approp. patches to prevent the codered & nimda and so
on.
Installed URLScan and made 1 change to allow 'directory traversing'.
Went for a qwk coffee, came back 1/2 hour later to see NIMDA infecting
server (running packet sniffer)
Called PSS, talked with several people, the 'directory traversing' over-rode
all previous patches.
Their fix for this:

FORMAT C

Jim..