RE: Access to WindowsUpdate & OfficeUpdate website

  • From: "Bailey, Matthew" <MBailey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:11:05 -0700

I would imagine you are missing the IP or URL for Microsoft server that
either has the scripts that run windowsupdate or that actually stores
the files.  I had a similar problem with another site and looked at the
source (In IE - view menu, source) to find the name of the server I
missed.

Another approach might be to look into Microsofts Software Update
Service.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/windowsupdate/sus/default.asp

It reduces bandwidth usage, allows you control over which patches are
install and when they are installed,   and the setup is pretty easy.

- Matt

Matthew Bailey
LAN Engineer
CSK Auto, Inc.