[isalist] Access Rule Issue...

  • From: "Tom Rogers" <trogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:12:20 -0500

I am using ISA 2006 SP-1 on a W2K3 SP1 server.

I created an access rule for a specific user that denies all traffic
from internal to external, except a list of a few websites that I put
into a URL Set. This works just fine, except when it comes to accessing
https websites and I cannot figure it out.

If the user tries to go to any website outsite of the URL Set contents,
I redirect to a custom page stating that the website is not allowed from
this computer. For example, if the user tries to go to cnn.com, my
custom denial page displays.

But with the HTTPS sites failure for the allowed sites, it does not go
to my custom page, but just tells me IE cannot display the webpage.

For example - in my URL Set I have a website
HTTP://WWW.EXCELLUSBCBS.COM/* but when you go to this root website it
changes to https://www.excellusbcbs.com/wps/portal/xl in a web browser.
So then I put that new address into my URL Set as well. I don't get the
redirect page, but I just get an error stating IE cannot display the
webpage.

Why is this? I have allowed that specific URL in my URL Set.

TIA,

-Tom Rogers