Access Options - Most Secure

  • From: "Guinn Unger" <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:26:33 -0600

I don't know if this has been discussed before or not.  I have the
opportunity to access my corporate network via any of three methods:

1.      VPN (standard Windows VPN)
2.      TS
3.      TS through web site (connect to web site and TS through ActiveX
control)

Is there any inherent difference in the security of any of these methods, or
are they basically all the same?  I use different ones at different times,
but it occurred to me that they might not be equally secure.  (I'm going
through ISA Server in each case.  Can use ISA 2000 or ISA 2004.)

TIA.

Guinn Unger
Unger Technologies, Inc.