RE: Accept IRC DCC Send and Receive

  • From: "Richard Gadsden" <Richard.Gadsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:28:33 -0000

At Thursday, November 28, 2002 4:34 PM, Thomas W Shinder
<mailto:tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds good on paper, but does it really work? I have no use for IRC,
> so I don't use it and don't intend to. But if you've tried this out
> and know that it works, I'm willing to put mIRC on a VM and work out
> the steps for a tutorial.

It really does work for mIRC with other firewalls - I've done that.  I
don't use IRC at work (where my ISA server is), so I couldn't tell you
whether it works with ISA.

--
Richard Gadsden
Cobbetts IT Department

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
is for the intended recipient(s) alone. It may contain privileged
and confidential information that is exempt from disclosure under
English law and if you are not an intended recipient, you must not
copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately either
by using the reply facility on your e-mail system or by contacting
us at the address below. If this message is being transmitted
over the Internet, be aware that it may be intercepted by third
parties.

Cobbetts offices are at:
Ship Canal House, King Street, Manchester, M2 4WB,
England.
Telephone: +44 161 833 3333; Fax: +44 161 833 3030.

Trafalgar House, 29 Park Place, Leeds, LS1 2SP,
England.
Telephone: +44 113 246 8123; Fax +44 113 244 2863
www.cobbetts.co.uk

Regulated by the Law Society
This firm is authorised by the FSA to conduct investment
business.