RE: Accept IRC DCC Send and Receive

  • From: "David Farinic" <davidf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:59:34 +0100

Well it works with transparent firewalls and it also means less protection.
for isa you will have to write application filter to recognize dcc commands and
publish some ports for new data connection.
Anyway I stopped using dcc and blocking it all the time anyway.. as there are
TONS of viruses worms and other mutants
spreading trough it . Just tell your boss how to write ftp or http link in irc