About logging to SQL Server

  • From: Selçuk COŞAN <selcukcosan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:59:15 +0200

Hello everybody

I have applied
http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/How_to_setup_SQL_Logging_in_ISA_Server.ht
ml
to save ISA logs to SQL database.It's OK and good working.
But I have encountered some URL addresses which they are greater than 255
chars.

CREATE TABLE WebProxyLog (
.........(omitted)
 [uri]   varchar(255),
.........(omitted)
)

I can change the size of uri filed in the table.However I have changed the
field up to 8000,ISA Server Web Proxy Service did not write more than 255
chars.So that I can not see logs that they are greater than 255.

If it is possible, Can I change the uri field in the fileds tab at the
following path ?

Management Console/Server and Arrays/Server_Name/Monitoring
Configuration/Logs/ISA Server Web Proxy Service/Fields Tab

And if it is not possible could anyone recommend me a 3rd party tool that
will solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.