AOL problem update

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <Amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:30:28 -0400

This is a follow up to a previous thread. I have found that yes AOL 8 does work
properly when the Windows XP Pro client is not running through the ISA server.
In the process of troubleshooting I have discovered that the firewall client is
required to sign into AOL but that after signing in if you disable the firewall
client then the features that were not available are now available and the rest
of AOL works too. So I have a work around for now but I would really like to
find a better solution than having the user enable and disable the firewall
client. The features that don't work with the firewall client enabled are:
internet, buddy list, and address book I still don't know why the firewall
client is preventing these things or how to fix it. Any ideas for me?

thanks,

Amy