407 Proxy Authentication Required issue

  • From: "b" <ba_cruising@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:29:19 -0600

Hello;
I work for a school district and one of our elementary purchased a program
called IndiVisual Learning.  We run ISA2000 SP1 in cache mode only and
force basic authentication on all outgoing web requests.  I am not using
SecureNat or the Firewall client: we manually enter the ip address of the
proxy server in our browser.  These are Windows client so their
authenticated when they log onto the domain.   Here?s my problem: when one
of our clients executes the application, the client sends an html request
to their server which is located on the Internet.  Their server sends back
a .tab file which uses port 80.  When I have the proxy turned on the
application will not work.  If I turn the proxy off, the application will
work.

In the log of the IndiVisual application it states: HTTP 407 Proxy
Authentication Required ? The ISA Server required authorization to fulfill
the request.  Access to the Web Proxy service is denied.

Is there a way within ISA to allow the .tab file to pass?  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.