RE: 3homed ISA-2000 + Exch-2003 in DMZ

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:09:37 -0700

The issue is trading apparent security for additional management.
It is *possible* to have domain traffic cross your ISA 2004 firewall,
but the important question is "why do you want to".
If your argument for planting the Exch FE in a DMZ is "what if it's
compromised (yakkitty-yak)?", then you've gained nothing because Exch
requires that you have to create policies that allow this machine to
access your AD anyway.
Better that you simply place ISA between the Exch FW and the BOBOI in
the first place.
   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
   http://isatools.org