[IRLGuideDogs] navigating around tight spaces

  • From: Darragh.OHeiligh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:59:34 +0100

Good morning!

I've a quick question for you.
Does your dog absolutely refuse to walk through some tight spaces? What
have you tried to coax it forward?  There are a few narrow spaces between
desks that I regularly have to walk through in this office.  If using the
dog I don't like to go before him as there can be a few obstructions in
the way. He walks up to about the second desk and stops. I know that there
is just about enough space for both of us to get through but yet he stops
and looks up at me as if to ask what he should do next.  I've tried
encouragement, dog treats praising him while going through, but nothing so
far has worked.

Any suggestions?

Darragh Ó Héiligh - Technical lead
Stream EMEA
Direct Dial:  +353 14400793
Ext:               2293
Stream Practice 1 - "Embrace our mission. It is the principal belief of
Stream. Know it, Own it, Achieve it!"