[IRLGuideDogs] IGDB Newsletter

  • From: "Lean Kennedy" <Lean@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irlguidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:12:10 +0100

Hello All,
Cliona O' Rourke and Martin Falvey, Assistance Dog Instructors, finish
training 5 parents of children with autism tomorrow, at the centre. They
will carry out aftercare visits with these clients over the next few
weeks.

Megg Marchbank, Rehabilitation Worker, finished Orientation and Mobility
Refresher Training with a client today.

PJ Hogan, Guide Dog Mobility Instructor, and Nathalie Wood, Guide Dog
Mobility Apprentice, are carrying out aftercare visits with the four
clients they recently trained.

Jessica Amberson, Rehabilitation Worker, will be conducting an
Independent Livings Skills class commencing July 10th. The class will
run for a week.

Today, Aileen Foy, Head of Client Support, issued correspondence
outlining a planned review of our services that will be undertaken by
the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI). Your participation in
this survey is voluntary. The feedback will exclude all identifying
information and the results will be made public. Your participation will
be greatly appreciated to help improve our services.

Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind held a Client Services Information Day on
Wednesday 21st June from 1pm until 5 pm.  We were very pleased with the
turn out on the day with some of our existing clients attending along
with some prospective clients.  The attendees were given a tour of all
our facilities, and were invited to attend small group sessions in our
excellent training kitchen and in our ever improving resource room.  Our
instructors were on hand to answer any queries that arose which in some
case developed into demonstrations.  We plan to host another information
day later in the year.  We will keep you posted.

Regards,
Lean Kennedy,
Access and Education Officer,
Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind.