[IrelandVIPNews] Re: audioscope axed

  • From: "Audrey Tormey" <atormey@xxxxxx>
  • To: <irelandvipnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:10:58 +0100

Hi Bethan,

Thanks for sharing that news with us to day! like Joe, I feel outraged, and
I have to say, I really thought all involved with the show was doing a great
job! I have already contacted the "Information Office" in RTE and voiced my
mixed emotions, and expressed the essential service that the programme was
carrying out in informing and making those with, or without vision
impairments aware on many different levels.  I asked if the powers that be
realise the "value" of such a programme for those who depend on "spoken
information" and I was told that perhaps RTE would facilitate the show to go
out at an "alternative time" - not sure if this was to counteract my point
of view! however, I'll not surrender yet, since I am a believer in the show
and all it stood for!  Perhaps to voice our collective opinion, we may have
to air this ludicrous decision via phoning other talk shows!

Regards:

Audrey