[IrelandVIPNews] Re: Wording on notices

  • From: "Kealy, Nicky" <Nicky.Kealy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irelandvipnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:52:27 +0100

Good morning people, I am glad to see that I have generated a nice
discussion on this subject although its worrying to me that one or two
of you will be willing to accept this in my view very negative word to
be used in adds which are being used to collect money for a charity
representing visually impaired people.

I am going to be harsh here but please don't right such rubbish telling
me that they can right what they want cause it's a charity.  They can
not.  They are doing all of this to raise money for to provide services
for blind people and indeed vision impaired people also.  The public
will be picking up messages from these adds so you do have to be careful
as to how you put them out.  Can I ask any of you people that think the
word handicapped is acceptable in some forms are you handicapped? Can
you honestly tell me that you would like someone referring to you as
being handicapped?  Is you wouldn't then don't tell me that it is
acceptable for this leaflet to remain in circulation.  I am not finished
on this matter yet and am still campaigning for its removal.

Regards, Nicky.