[IrelandVIPNews] Re: The collective noun for bankers, maybe, a shower of...

  • From: Lorna Murphy <lorna.murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "irelandvipnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <irelandvipnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:25:32 +0100

Hi Mike.

I had a similar problem with my branch a while ago. I wanted to open a joint
account with my boyfriend. He needed bills and drivers licences and they asked
me for my details I produced my passport like you.

I argued that I had already got an account with them and that all details were
on file from when I applied originally and that should be sufficient enough.

He went on and on about fraud and all of that eventually, he went to his
manager and it turned out that I was right.

Don't know if this is of any help to you. But maybe you can explain that you
are already a customer of theirs and that all details are already on file. It
doesn't matter what branch you go to because everything is checked with your
own branch anyway.

Oh, hate telling you this but I don't think you would pass the eye test for a
drivers licence. Smile

Jesus, The ignorance of people. When people ask me do I have a drivers licence.
I feel like saying "yeah there it is down there and point to my lovely guide
dog.