[IrelandVIPNews] Re: AudioScope Axed

  • From: "Kealy, Nicky" <Nicky.Kealy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irelandvipnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:55:11 +0100

Tim, you make a good point about rté being obliged to cover issues and put out
programming like Audioscope but they are still covering this category of
programming by having outside the box which I usnderstand is tostill continue
and I would expect it will probably serve our needs also from time to time.
Radio is a tough market and things olike theJNLR servay and other stats are
used to determine how programmes are being rated by the listeners and who bar
the few of us that are vision impaired would be listening to it.  A lot of
things are covered now by Talkaround and Focus now anyway.

Before I end I would like to just praise the good work that Bethan and Dave and
before Dave Gerry done on the programme.  I enjoyed contributing to shows that
they worked on.

Cheers, Nicky.