[irati] Re: checks for null and correctness of input parameters

  • From: Kewin Rausch <kewin.rausch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: irati@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 09:44:24 +0100

Morning Eduard,

There is currently a lot of unnecessary checks in the IRATI code, specially

in the kernel parts. Lots of function check input parameters that the
function that called it had already checked.. I think that a significant
amount of code can be removed.

Good idea; a generic rule can be that exported symbols (and so the one
possibly usable by other) should maintain a strict check over input
parameters, while internal procedures can be stripped by them.

Greetings,
Kewin R.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 8:06 PM, Vincenzo Maffione <v.maffione@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Eduard,
That's a very good idea! We don't need indeed all those checks.

I support it.

Cheers,
Vincenzo

Dear all,

There is currently a lot of unnecessary checks in the IRATI code,
specially
in the kernel parts. Lots of function check input parameters that the
function that called it had already checked.. I think that a significant
amount of code can be removed.

Can we go for cleaning this up? Does anyone have an issue? Thanks!

Cheers,

Eduard

--
Vincenzo Maffione