Re: [ipsl] Sibaji's lecture

  • From: tanmoy <tanmoy.bhattacharya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ipsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:22:21 +0530

This is to let everyone know that the next meeting will on Oct 1; I
hope this is enough of an advance notification for all concerned.
-Tanmoy

2009/9/7 Samar Sinha <samarsinha@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Sibaji's lecture on SL data elicitation/collection (methodology (see Mathur
> 2000), technique and technical standards- I guess) is significant from a
> perspective of building (and as well as for standardisation of tech
> standards) ISL corpora.
>
> Therefore, the standards that he discusses is also significant for corpus
> linguistics, hence for LDCIL. In this regard it is important to remeber that
> home video won't suffice the purpose.
>
> I hope that the presentation will cater to this expectation also. However,
> it is also important to remember that the technical standards need to be
> compatible with various formats of production, encoding, distribution and
> installation apart from availability, user friendly, etc.
>
> I request Sibaji, my friend and teacher, as well as the organiser to share
> his PPT in the list.
>
> -
> Samar Sinha
> Senior Lecturer cum Junior Research Officer
> Linguistic Data Consortium for Indian Languages
> Central Institute of Indian Languages
> Manasagangothri, Mysore - 570 006

Indo-pakistani Sign Language List
List webpage: //www.freelists.org/webpage/ipsl
Users can subscribe/unsubscribe to the list by sending email to
ipsl-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field OR by visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/ipsl