Re: [ipsl] SL Workshop @LISSIM4

  • From: "Ulrike Zeshan" <uzeshan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ipsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 19:01:18 +0100

Hi all, great to see that IPSL is being discussed up and down the country now!
Thanks also to Tanmoy for posting the conference announcement for the SIGN4
conference - we hope to see many of you there.

Ulrike

Prof. Ulrike Zeshan
Director, International Centre for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Livesey House, LH212
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR12HE, UK
uzeshan@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ph. +44-1772-893104
Fax +44-1772-894933

>>> tanmoy <tanmoy.bhattacharya@xxxxxxxxx> 05/07/2009 14:52 >>>
Dear All,
Many of us just back from LISSIM4 at Kausani, India (www.fosssil.in).
THis is to inform all that we had 2 worshops on IPSL during the
predominantly formal linguistic annual summer school which introduced
the uninitiated to IPSL; Samar Sinha and Hidam Gaurashyam conducted
these workshops which generated a lot of interest. We were also lucky
to have Prof Philippe Schlenker of the NYU and the Jean Nicod
institute among us during one of the workshops, who has extended his
interest in formal semantics to SL and has been working on anaphora in
SL. During another workshop, we took advantage of the presence of Prof
Hagit Borer of the Univ of Southern California in discussing the issue
of compunding versus incorporation using some of the standard tests
discussed in her study of Hebrew Compounds.
Tanmoy
Indo-pakistani Sign Language List
List webpage: //www.freelists.org/webpage/ipsl
Users can subscribe/unsubscribe to the list by sending email to
ipsl-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field OR by visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/ipsl