Re: [ipsl] Query: M.Phil Thesis on Depiction of Deaf

  • From: tanmoy <tanmoy.bhattacharya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ipsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:06:18 +0530

Hi Theda,
That looks like a very interesting thesis, I am sure you will get some
valuable response from the list members, I will try to see what all I
can dig out.
Keep posting!
-Tanmoy

2009/8/26 Theda Oldewurtel <Theda.Oldewurtel@xxxxxx>:
> Dear IPSL-mailinglist members
>
> I am a M.Phil student at the Department of Indian and Tibetan Studies at
> Hamburg
> university, Germany, with Prof. Tatiana Oranskaia. Additionally I am studying
> at the
> Institute of German Sign Language and Communication of the Deaf with Prof.
> Renate Fischer.
>
> For my M.Phil thesis I am planning on writing a critical analysis about the
> depiction of
> the Deaf community and Indian Sign Language in the Indian written press.
> For this paper I am searching for articles (scientific as well as
> journalistic; English
> as well as Hindi) concerning Deaf in India in every way.
>
> In detail my questions are:
>
> 1. Can anybody help me with hints on scientific literature - in Hindi
> language and/or English - which would be interesting for my thesis?
>
> 2. Concerning my search for articles:
> Is there a database for articles about Deaf  - and circumference - in written
> Indian press?
> Does anybody have a private collections of articles maybe?
> Or loose longer articles concerning Deaf?
> Is there from your perspective a paper in India which has a bigger coverage
> than others about Deaf?
>
> 3. I am in special need of Hindi sources concerning my intention as I have to
> use such for my thesis and they are not so easy to find for me. Every clue
> would be thankfully accepted!
>
> At first thank you for taking the time to read my request. I would highly
> appreciate any advice!
>
> Besides collecting material for my thesis I hope my request will also help to
> start a discussion about the public  representation of Deaf in modern India.
>
> IŽm looking forward to hearing from you soon!
>

> Yours sincerely
>
> Theda Oldewurtel
> (Student, Hamburg University)

Indo-pakistani Sign Language List
List webpage: //www.freelists.org/webpage/ipsl
Users can subscribe/unsubscribe to the list by sending email to
ipsl-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field OR by visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/ipsl