[ipsl] Post from Ulrike Zeshan

  • From: tanmoy <tanmoy.bhattacharya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ipsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 01:04:38 +0530

Dear Tanmoy and all,

thank you for subscribing me to this list. I am Director of the
International Centre for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies, and have
done a lot of linguistic research on IPSL in the past. I have three
deaf Indians who are associated with my Centre as staff or students,
and I always follow events in the sign language community in India
closely. I have been academic consultant at the National Institute for
the Hearing Handicapped since 2001, and am an academic adviser to the
Mumbai-based Ishara Foundation, who work on literacy teaching to deaf
students. At the moment, my University is working with IGNOU on
implementing a BA in Applied Sign Language Studies.

I hope this will be a great way to exchange information. My first
contribution is to announce scholarships by the Deaf Empowerment
Foundation  for a university bridge programme for deaf students, to
begin at IGNOU this summer (one year full-time, leading to admission
to the BA in Applied Sign Language Studies in 2010). The application
deadline is 29 May. For further information, see www.def-intl.org

Regards to all,
Ulrike Zeshan
---------------------------------------
Prof. Ulrike Zeshan
Director, International Centre for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Livesey House, LH212
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR12HE, UK
uzeshan@xxxxxxxxxxx=20
Ph. +44-1772-893104
Fax +44-1772-894933
Indo-pakistani Sign Language List
List webpage: //www.freelists.org/webpage/ipsl
Users can subscribe/unsubscribe to the list by sending email to
ipsl-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field OR by visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/ipsl