[ipsl] Post form Sibaji

  • From: "Sibaji Panda" <spanda@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ipsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 05:25:15 +0100

Dear all,

First of all many  thanks to Tanmoy for the idea of setting  up this mailing
list and adding me.

I am Sibaji Panda  a  Lecturer at the international Centre for Sign Languages
and Deaf Studies, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK.  I am Deaf and
a fluent user  of ISL.   I had worked  with Prof. Ulrike Zeshan  and have taken
part in the development, teaching, implementation of the Indian Sign language
materials since 2000. I was the first teacher  to teach  sign language in a
formal classroom at NIHH.  I have been active in the deaf community  in India
and have established  Ishara Foundation  which is  working twards  the literacy
of the deaf adults  and establisihing higher education opportunity   in India.
Ishara  Foundation is a popular name in the deaf community in India for its
outstanding work on bilingualism adult literacy,  youth empowerment,  awarness
on sign language, etc.

I am also part of the IGNOU-UClan  collaboration to start  a BA (Hons) Applied
Sign Language studies  at IGNOU (pl refer to the post from Ulerike) . I have
been the course leader  and presently   recruiting students  for the program
scheduled to start  july 28, 2009.  Forther information can be  available upon
request via email.

The following websites  will  better describe  my involvement in deaf community
and sign language research.

www.uclan.ac.uk/islands     my work site
www.def-intl.org    Serve  DEF  as secretary
www.ishara.org     Serve  as  a Trustee,
www.islia.org        Indian SL  interpreter association, serve as
vice-president.
www.slls.eu          Sign language Linguistics  sociaty, serve as board member
and international coordinator.

Thanks

Sibaji Panda
Lecturer in Applied Sign Linguistics
International Centre for Sign Languages & Deaf Studies (iSLanDS)
University of Central Lancashire,
Livesey House 213,
PRESTON, Lancashire
U.K.
PR1 2HE

Text: +447794947275 (text only)
Fax: 01772 89 4933
Indo-pakistani Sign Language List
List webpage: //www.freelists.org/webpage/ipsl
Users can subscribe/unsubscribe to the list by sending email to
ipsl-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field OR by visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/ipsl