[ipsl] Mail from samar sinha

  • From: tanmoy <tanmoy.bhattacharya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ipsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 21:20:33 +0530

I am not sure if this went to the list -Tanmoy

Sibaji's lecture on SL data elicitation/collection (methodology (see Mathur
2000), technique and technical standards- I guess) is significant from a
perspective of building (and as well as for standardisation of tech
standards) ISL corpora.

Therefore, the standards that he discusses is also significant for corpus
linguistics, hence for LDCIL. In this regard it is important to remeber that
home video won't suffice the purpose.

I hope that the presentation will cater to this expectation also. However,
it is also important to remember that the technical standards need to be
compatible with various formats of production, encoding, distribution and
installation apart from availability, user friendly, etc.

I request Sibaji, my friend and teacher, as well as the organiser to share
his PPT in the list.

-- Samar Sinha
Indo-pakistani Sign Language List
List webpage: //www.freelists.org/webpage/ipsl
Users can subscribe/unsubscribe to the list by sending email to
ipsl-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field OR by visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/ipsl