[iphone_newbees] Re: Joining live FB stream

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <iphone_newbees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 22:15:24 +0100

One can also search on Facedbook itself: A search for 'Sheila O'Flanagan' may return some interesting results. (Or even, Sheila O'Flanagan, author - or writer.) And shoot her a friend request - you never know, <grin>.

-----Original Message----- From: Tony Sweeney
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 10:06 PM
To: iphone_newbees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [iphone_newbees] Re: Joining live FB stream

Evening Flor
Yes thanks for that and I do use notifications, they are really useful.

I guess my further point is that it’s nice sometimes to be able to react in real time say to Sheila O’Flanagan for example so when I hear of such a live stream say on a radio show for example I’d like to go there at times but never know where to look.

I guess a Google may do that I don’t know.

In this instance as I wrote earlier I was fortunate in finding the live stream.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Mar 2020, at 21:38, Flor Lynch <florlync@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Tony,

Do you use Notifications on your iPhone? Well, if you have the name of the organisation or person who's streaming, you can elect to receive upcoming notifications of events done by them. (I have notifications come up from the BBC on Facebook whenever they're going to do a live stream on Facebook.) If there aren't notifactions available for the specific person or organisation you're interested in, you can 'follow' them, of course, or friend them in the usual manner.

If you wanted to refer back to the stream to catch the beginning of it, say, you can also do that by going to their Febook page not long after the stream has finished.

Those have been my experiences.

-----Original Message----- From: Tony Sweeney
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 8:26 PM
To: iphone_newbees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [iphone_newbees] Joining live FB stream

Hi folk,

As is now getting more usual these days a writer we like was doing a
Facebook live tonight from a message we saw but were wondering how to
join the stream to then watch/text?

We found it just after it had started by chance on the main page of
Facebook.

I wonder how we can find such live streams in the future?

As a matter of interest we commented about the author Sheila's support
of having her books too accessibly produced.

TIA,

Tony