[interfacekit] Re: Icons and BBitmap

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:31:36 CEST (+0200)

> >At any rate, I've worked around it for the time being, moving the
> > color
> >conversion code elsewhere (incidentally, converting a B_RGB32 bitmap
> >a B_CMAP8 bitmap using BBitmap::SetBits is way more involved that it
> >needs to be...). BMimeType::Get/SetIcon() is now finally working,
> >though I plan to add some more tests to be sure all the color
> >conversion code works like I think it should. The other Icon()
> >functions will be tackled next...
> I'm just curious how you accomplished this. I've got quite a bit
> figured out
> about how our BBitmaps will be allocated and managed on the server
> side, but
> that part is handled by the class itself.
>
> >Ingo
> >It looks like the very point has been reached, where we -- er, more
> >precisely, you ;-) -- will need to implement a provisional BBitmap.
> I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I might have some answers if
> you have
> questions.

I guess, you think to complicated. We just need a provisional version.
It won't talk to the app_server -- as we don't want to draw -- but will
just allocate a normal chunk of memory, so that the constructor,
Bits(), SetBits() and the other methods we need can be implemented.

The real implementation will certainly be left to you. :-P

CU, Ingo