[infotech] sky Talker?

  • From: Chamandeep Grover <cmusic789@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: infotech <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 16:46:49 +0100

Hello all,

I have recently found out that skky have released a new product called
the sky talker. This aparrently reads information about the current
program that is being watched. I called up sky to get more information
and they say that it can only read what information is available on
the box itself. I asked them whether it would read the information
about recorded programs as they would be stored on the box however,
the person said to me that it only reads information about the program
currently being watched.

The unit itself connects through the serial port on the sky plus box.
I would be very interested to know what data can be output from the
serial port?

I jjust wanted to know whether anyone else knows anything more about
this product and if it does more than what it says on the box perhaps
infotech could do a review?

Thanks
Chamandeep Singh Grover
To contact the list owners, please send a message to
brian.hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe from the list, please send a message to
infotech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with the word
unsubscribe
in the subject line.