[infotech] Re: UML Diagrams

  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 06:32:19 +0530

Hi,

You would be better off asking this on the program-l list on freelists. To
answer your question, try using scalable vector graphics. There used to be a
program called all clear. It had a command based interface for drawing. I
don't know if the program is still alive though.

If you have access to a Viewplus embosser, then you can print the diagrams
from Visio. You can tab through them too and read the labels but getting the
sense of the shape is tricky. As for creating them in Visio, it is a problem
since you need to drop shapes and select them from a toolbar. A demo version
is available so you never kow. If you know VBA, you could perhaps write code
to drop the controls. You are a computer science student after all. <smile

Pranav