[infotech] Re: The future of Infotech

  • From: "Terry Clasper" <terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:18:55 +0100

Hi and thanks for your message.
All of the infotech past content is now the property of the new company so
whether or not it will be made available is totally there call.
I suggest you write to:
enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and one of the directors of the company, Catherine or Simon, will be able to
personally respond to your question.
Again thanks for your message!

Terry Clasper.
E-Mail, terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter: @terryclasper

From: "Brian Hartgen" <jaws@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 07:26:15 +0100
Subject: [infotech] The future of Infotech

Hi everyone

I did promise that I would write to you to advise you of the
future of the Infotech magazine.

Infotech began its production in September 1995, and during that
time we have greatly enjoyed giving you in depth reviews of
information technology products, particularly access technology.

However, due to heavy work commitments, it was often difficult to
produce the magazine on a regular basis with no firm date for the
release of each month's edition.  We have therefore made the
decision to stop publishing Infotech in its current form.  We
sincerely hoped that, financialy at least, people are not too
disadvantaged.

There is some very good news however.  The new company will begin
producing a podcast, freely available for anyone to download,
which will contain useful technology news, together with short
product reviews and other interesting information.  Each episode
will have a playing time of between 15 to 30 minutes, produced as
often as we can.  This has the advantage of product information
being condensed into a byte-size form, and it also means that
people are more easily able to pick and choose what they would
like to listen to.  It's very convenient, exciting and I am very
much looking forward to helping to produce it!

This podcast is likely to begin in September of this year and we
hope very much you will enjoy what you hear.  Hopefully it will
also be available in the iTunes Store too and there will be a
regular feed if you want to subscribe with a client other than
iTunes.

We very much hope this is welcome news for you and that at least
you will receive technology news in the future.

Should you need a technology fix in the meantime, you can always
subscribe to my Twitter feed or friend me on Facebook.  Regular
technology news is posted, for example yesterday I provided a
link to the latest FSCast from Freedom Scientific, I gave readers
thoughts on the proposed iPhone GPS app from Sendero as a
presentation was transmitting from the NFB convention, and there
was also a link to the Accessible Friends Network audio promo for
2012.  This information is the kind of thing that could be
carried on a podcast I was describing earlier, with links on the
Show Notes accompanying page.

Twitter: brianhartgen
Facebook: www.facebook.com/brianhartgen

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and of course if you have
any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With warmest regards:

Brian Hartgen
To contact the list owners, please send a message to
brian.hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe from the list, please send a message to
infotech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with the word
unsubscribe
in the subject line.