[infotech] The future of Infotech

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <jaws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 07:26:15 +0100

Hi everyone

I did promise that I would write to you to advise you of the future of the
Infotech magazine.

Infotech began its production in September 1995, and during that time we have
greatly enjoyed giving you in depth reviews of information technology products,
particularly access technology.

However, due to heavy work commitments, it was often difficult to produce the
magazine on a regular basis with no firm date for the release of each month's
edition.  We have therefore made the decision to stop publishing Infotech in
its current form. We sincerely hoped that, financialy at least, people are not
too disadvantaged.

There is some very good news however.  The new company will begin producing a
podcast, freely available for anyone to download, which will contain useful
technology news, together with short product reviews and other interesting
information.  Each episode will have a playing time of between 15 to 30
minutes, produced as often as we can. This has the advantage of product
information being condensed into a byte-size form, and it also means that
people are more easily able to pick and choose what they would like to listen
to. It's very convenient, exciting and I am very much looking forward to
helping to produce it!

This podcast is likely to begin in September of this year and we hope very much
you will enjoy what you hear.  Hopefully it will also be available in the
iTunes Store too and there will be a regular feed if you want to subscribe with
a client other than iTunes.

We very much hope this is welcome news for you and that at least you will
receive technology news in the future.

Should you need a technology fix in the meantime, you can always subscribe to
my Twitter feed or friend me on Facebook. Regular technology news is posted,
for example yesterday I provided a link to the latest FSCast from Freedom
Scientific, I gave readers thoughts on the proposed iPhone GPS app from Sendero
as a presentation was transmitting from the NFB convention, and there was also
a link to the Accessible Friends Network audio promo for 2012.  This
information is the kind of thing that could be carried on a podcast I was
describing earlier, with links on the Show Notes accompanying page.

Twitter: brianhartgen
Facebook: www.facebook.com/brianhartgen

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and of course if you have any questions,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

With warmest regards:

Brian Hartgen