[infotech] Re: The Eyepal V The KNFB Reader

  • From: Luis Eduardo Peña <lpena57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:14:29 -0500

I think that acording to your needs you will be much better of with the
Kurzweil 1000.  Certainly there is no demo to download but you may try to
download a demo of OpenBook  which in many respects is similar to K1000. you
may download it from the freedom scientific web page.  It is a larg download.

Regarding the KNFB reader I never could use it to read menues and small
receips. It actually did better reading regular letter size papers.  But this
is my impression.

The problem with  the Eyepal is that you cannot save large documents, and it is
not that portable. You can get a netbook and a small scanner and you will be
better of.