[infotech] Re: Internet Radio

  • From: "James O'Dell" <katherineandjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 11:44:37 +0100

Hi

To add my 'personal view' here, I would suggest that Sound Talking have jumped on this particular bandwagon at a very early stage and may live to regret it. I would fully expect the likes of Humanware to come out with internet aware Daisy players including text-to-speech (and of course stereo) at some stage, and I would have thought that such a device would be far better for delivering TNAUK services than the Orion. For a start, a device with text-to-speech would allow those without a computer to access TNAUK's Etext service and thus gain access to the full content of publications. I can see what Sound Talking are trying to do, but Considering the outlay required, this new offering seems very limited in scope and in imagination.

James
----- Original Message ----- From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>