[infotech] Re: Book Players

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:49:56 -0000

Hi.

I can answer your booksense questions, my answers are in the body of your message below: ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelvin Marsh" <kelvin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:45 PM
Subject: [infotech] Book Players

Hi All,

I've been listening again to Brian's review of the Book Sense.  I'll
hopefully be deciding which player to buy over the next week.  I have a
couple of initial questions, I hope someone will be able to answer!

Book Sense questions:

1, How are folk finding battery usage.  Concerns were raised in the review
about battery drain in the stand-by or off position.
The battery lasts around 12 hours whether your playing audio or listening to text documents. The device does drain a little power when in the standby mode, but it would take some weeks to fully drain the battery with the unit being on standby.
2. Can the battery be replaced, and if so, does it have to be returned?
No, the battery can be replaced by the purchaser, however replacement battery packs aren't available as yet.
3. What is the latest version of the firmware, and have any improvements
been made.
The latest version of firmware is V1.1 released in August of this year. A new update is due to be released at the end of the month.
Milestone question:

1. Is there a Text to Speech engine in the latest version, and is it worth
considering alongside the Book Sense, Pocket,  and Stream.

Finally, I'm surprised none of the players allow text input for document
searches. I would have thought a mobile phone style keying system could be
adopted?

Regards, Kelvin

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4592 (20091110) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4592 (20091110) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4592 (20091110) __________

http://www.eset.com

To contact the list owners, please send a message to
brian.hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe from the list, please send a message to
infotech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with the word
unsubscribe
in the subject line.